Paleo Bacon-y Baba Ghanoush
- 1 large eggplant
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 2 cloves garlic
- Juice of 1 small lemon
- 1/8 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 cup loosely packed italian parsley
- 2 TBSP extra virgin olive oil (plus
- extra for drizzling)
- 4 slices bacon
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- Sea salt to tast
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 50mins
Adapted from paleomagazine-digital.com
1. Preheat oven to 375o
2. Poke the eggplant all over with a fork and place on a parchment lined baking
3. Bake 30 minutes, until very soft. Remove from oven, let cool slightly, then peel
off skin and discard.
4. Meanwhile, cook the bacon in a medium skillet until done. Cool, then crumble.
Set aside. Reserve 1 - 2 TBSP bacon fat.
5. Cut peeled eggplant into large chunks. Place in a food processor or blender.
6. Add tahini, garlic, lemon juice, cumin, salt & pepper, parsley, 2 TBSP olive oil
and reserved bacon fat to the food processor. Puree until smooth, about 1
7. Transfer the mixture to a serving bowl. Stir in most of the bacon crumbles,
reserving a few for the top.
8. Drizzle top with olive oil, sprinkle with remaining bacon crumbles and a sprig
of parsley for garnish. Serve at room temperature with cut up veggies.
Refrigerate leftovers for up to 3 days in an airtight container.