- Makes 2 quart casserole
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 loaf of bread (king white bread)You will use about 3/4 of a loaf
- 2 sticks butter
- 1 large can of Dole Crushed Pineapple - drained in colander
- 1 small can Dole Pineapple Rings
1. In large mixing bowl, mix 2 cups sugar w/ 2 eggs and crushed/drained pineapple - along with one stick melted butter
2. Butter a glass baking dish/casserole
3. Take 1 stick softened butter and butter each side of loaf of bread (Yes, this is very messy.)
4. Layer bread on bottom of dish. Be sure to cover entire bottom.
5. Add a thin layer of pineapple mix goes on top of bread layer.
6. Repeat layering process until pan is full - last layer is thin layer of pineapple mixture
7. Neatly arrange pineapple rings on top
Bake 375 degrees for approximately 1 hour
**Recipe may be doubled for larger crowd.