One-Pot Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup
- 1 medium onion diced or 1 cup
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 spring of fresh rosemary chopped or 1/2 teaspoon dried
- 24 ounce can diced tomatoes
- 15 ounce can tomato sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 4 large fresh basil leaves or 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 20 ounces three-cheese tortellini
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese + extra for garnish
- salt and pepper, to taste (optional)
- fresh basil, to garnish
- shredded parmesan cheese, to garnish
Adapted from galonamission.com
Place the onion, garlic, and olive oil, and fresh rosemary in a 6-quart soup pot or dutch oven. Sautee over medium heat for 5 minutes or until the onions are translucent.
2.Add in the diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, oregano, basil, salt, pepper, chicken stock, and heavy cream and stir to combine. Simmer for 20 minutes.
3.Place the three-cheese tortellini into the soup and cook for 12-15 minutes or until the tortellini are tender and cooked through.
4.Serve and garnish with fresh basil and shredded parmesan cheese.
You'll also love
- Baked Zucchini Fritters 4.2/5 (13 Votes)
- Creamy White Wine Shrimp Alfredo 4.3/5 (12 Votes)
- Chicken and Potatoes with Garlic... 4.3/5 (12 Votes)
- Broccoli & Sausage Pasta Bake 4.3/5 (12 Votes)
- Hearty Cheese Tortellini 4.3/5 (12 Votes)
- baked ravioli 4.3/5 (12 Votes)
- Hearty Tortellini Soup 4.4/5 (8 Votes)
- Pepper, Tomato and Cucumber Salad 4.4/5 (8 Votes)