Seared Salmon with Pesto Fettuccine for Two
603 calories; 28 g fat (7 g sat, 16 g mono); 80 mg cholesterol; 45 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 2 g total sugars; 44 g protein; 8 g fiber; 537 mg sodium; 768 mg potassium.
* Serving Size: 4 oz. salmon & 1 1/4 cups pasta
- 4 ounces whole-wheat fettuccine
- 1/3 cup refrigerated prepared pesto
- 10 ounces wild Alaskan salmon, skinned and cut into 2 portions
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
Cooking time 40mins
Adapted from eatingwell.com
1. Bring a large saucepan of water to a boil. Add fettuccine and cook until just tender, about 9 minutes. Drain and transfer to a medium bowl. Toss with pesto.
2. Meanwhile, season salmon with salt and pepper. Heat oil in a medium cast-iron or nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add salmon and cook, turning once, until just opaque in the middle, 2 to 4 minutes per side. Serve the salmon with the pasta.
You'll also love
- Southwestern Chicken Corn Chowder 4.4/5 (5 Votes)
- Summer Melon with Lime and Rum 4.4/5 (5 Votes)
- Garlic Butter Sauteed Clams 4.4/5 (5 Votes)
- Shrimp Scampi 4.4/5 (5 Votes)
- Baked Trout Fillets Recipe 4.4/5 (5 Votes)
- Smoky Mustard-Maple Salmon for Two 4.4/5 (5 Votes)
- Baked Penne with Roasted Vegetables 4.4/5 (5 Votes)
- Creamy Bacon Tomato and Avocado... 4.4/5 (5 Votes)