Paleo Cauliflower Protein Bread
- 575 grams chopped cauliflower (about 1 medium cauliflower)
- 1/8 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 cup unflavoured micellar casein* (substitute whey or rice protein isolate or 1/8grams coconut flour)
- 1/8 grams Grana Padano or Reggiano cheese, grated
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1 large egg (52 grams, shelled)
- 198 grams liquid egg whites (about 6 large egg whites)
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon chilli, smoked paprika, roasted garlic, or some finely chopped fresh herbs (optional)
- You can omit the casein powder if you like and just add another 25 grams of coconut flou
Adapted from chocolatechillimango.com
Preheat the oven to 392 F
Line the loaf tin with non-stick silicone paper. It pays to use a double thickness of paper for this. Set aside.
Place the cauliflower in to the bowl of a food processor. Pulse a few times, until chopped finely. It will resemble cauliflower rice. Add the remaining ingredients and pulse until smooth. If you are adding chilli, paprika, garlic, or herbs, to the bread, add them with the other ingredients. Adjust the seasoning, if desired.
Transfer to the prepared tin and smooth the top. If you prefer to sprinkle some chilli or herbs on top, do it now.
Lower the oven temperature to 375F and bake the bread for 10 minutes. Reduce the temperature to 356F and bake for a further 50 minutes, or until risen and golden and cooked through.
Remove from the oven and cool on a wire rack, in the tin. When cool, carefully remove the bread, and serve.
Store, wrapped in foil in a freezer bag, in the refrigerator. It will keep fresh for several days if stored this way.