Sea Bass With Coconut-Curry Sauce
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion thinly sliced
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 4 teaspoons curry powder
- 2 cans unsweetened coconut milk - (13 1/2 oz ea)
- 1 cup chicken stock (or canned low-salt chicken broth)
- 2 medium carrots peeled, and cut into matchstick-size pieces
- 4 sea bass fillets - (5 to 6 oz ea)
- 4 green onions thinly sliced
Heat oil in heavy medium saucepan over medium heat. Add onion, garlic and curry powder. Sauté mixture until onions are translucent, about 4 minutes. Mix in coconut milk and stock; bring to boil. Reduce heat to medium-high and boil until liquid is reduced to thin sauce consistency, about 50 minutes. Add carrots; simmer until crisp-tender, about 3 minutes. Remove from heat; keep warm.
Preheat broiler. Place fish on baking sheet; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Broil fish until just opaque in center, about 8 minutes. Using metal spatula, transfer fish to plates. Spoon sauce over fish. Sprinkle with green onions.
This recipe yields 4 servings.