Easy Crockpot Pulled Pork
Slow cooked, fork tender pork in onions and sauce featuring vinegar, Worcestershire, red pepper flakes, sugar, mustard, garlic salt and cayenne pepper. Sign me up!
- 1 large Vidalia onion, sliced thin
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 (4 to 6-pound) boneless pork butt or shoulder
- 3/4 cup cider vinegar
- 4 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 615mins
Adapted from mybakingaddiction.com
Rinse pork roast under cold water and pat dry with paper towels.
Place onions in crock-pot. In a small bowl, combine brown sugar, paprika, kosher salt and pepper; mix thoroughly. Rub mixture all over roast and place the roast on top of the onions.
In a medium bowl, combine vinegar, Worcestershire, red pepper flakes, sugar, mustard, garlic salt and cayenne pepper; whisk to combine. Drizzle about 1/3 of vinegar mixture over roast. Cover and refrigerate remaining vinegar mixture.
Cover crockpot; cook on low for 10 to 12 hours. Drizzle about 1/3 of reserved vinegar mixture over roast during last 1/2 hour of cooking.
Remove meat and onions; drain. Chop or shred meat and onions. Serve with remaining vinegar mixture or your favorite barbeque
You'll also love
- Jane Brody Cranberry Apple Crisp 4.2/5 (43 Votes)
- Butternut Squash Cannelloni with... 4.1/5 (43 Votes)
- Bacon Wrapped Pineapple 4.4/5 (25 Votes)
- Cookie Bars 4.4/5 (25 Votes)
- Layered Brownie With Cream Cheese... 4.3/5 (26 Votes)
- Crispy Garlic Chicken 4.4/5 (25 Votes)
- Easy Chicken Parmesan 4.4/5 (25 Votes)
- Slow-Cooked Beef Stew 4.4/5 (25 Votes)