Smashed spring pea and asparagus tartines
- 1 16 oz loaf crusty french bread, cut into 8 1-inch think slices
- 6 TBSP olive oil, divided
- 1 lb asp, ends trimmed and peeled
- 1 bunch green onions, ends trimmed
- 1/2 jalapeno chile, minced 1 TBSP
- 2 lbs fresh or frozen peas
- 1/3 cup blonde ale
- 2 TBSP chopped mint
- 1 lemon, halved
Preheat broiler. Spread bread on baking sheet and brush with olive oil and season with salt. Lightly toast bread. Set aside.
Toss asp and onions with 2 TBSP oil, season with salt and pep. Broil 6-8 minutes until slightly charred. Remove from oven and cool slightly. Slice to fit toasts.
Heat 2 TBSP oil over med and add jalapeno, saute 2 mins. Then add peas and cook 5 mins.Add blonde ale and cool 5 more. Transfer to bowl and mash and season with s and p.Stir in mint.
Place 1/3 cup smashed on toasts. Top with asparagus and green onions. Squeeze lemon and serve hot.