Wegman's Beef Burgundy
- 2 lbs boneless beef, cut for stew
- Wegmans Pan Searing Flour
- 3 Tbsp Wegmans Vegetable Oil
- 2 strips bacon, sliced in 1/4-inch strips
- 2 cups baby cut carrots
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1/2 lb fresh pearl onions, peeled
- 1 lb fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cloves Food You Feel Good About Cleaned & Cut Peeled Garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp Wegmans Tomato Paste
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tsp Herbes de Provence
- 2 cups red wine
- 1 container (32 oz) Food You Feel Good About Beef Culinary Stock
- Salt and pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Dust beef with pan-searing flour.
2.Heat oil on MED in large braising pan. Brown beef lightly on all sides, 8-10 min. Remove beef; set aside. Add bacon and cook until crispy; remove from pan and set aside with beef. Discard all but 1 Tbsp oil.
3.Add carrots, onion, pearl onions, mushrooms and garlic to pan; cook 4-5 min, stirring occasionally. Add tomato paste, bay leaves and herbes de Provence. Stir; cook 3 min. Add wine; reduce to a syrupy consistency, 10-15 min. Add broth; return beef and bacon to pan. Bring to simmer.
4.Cover, place on center rack of oven. Braise 1-1/2 hours. Carefully remove lid; continue to cook 30 min longer or until beef is fork-tender.
5.Remove pan from oven. Transfer beef to serving platter. Discard bay leaves. Season with salt and pepper. Pour sauce over beef.