Spaghetti with mussels and white beans
- 2 tablespoons (1/4 stick) unsalted butter
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided, plus more for drizzling
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 28-ounce can whole peeled tomatoes
- 1 pound spaghetti
- Kosher salt
- 1 15-ounce can cannellini (white kidney) beans, rinsed
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 2 pounds mussels, scrubbed, debearded
- 1/4 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 30mins
•Heat butter and 2 tablespoons oil in a large heavy pot over medium-low heat. Add garlic and red pepper flakes and cook, stirring often, until beginning to brown, about 2 minutes. Add tomatoes with juices, crushing tomatoes lightly with your hands. Increase heat to medium-high. Cook, stirring often, until sauce thickens, 10-15 minutes.
•Meanwhile, cook pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water, stirring occasionally, until al dente. Drain pasta, reserving 1 1/2 cups pasta cooking liquid.
•Add beans and wine to sauce. Cook, stirring often, until wine has almost evapor-ated, about 4 minutes. Add mussels and 1/4 cup pasta cooking liquid. Cover; cook, stir-ring occasionally, until mussels open, about 4 minutes (discard any that do not open).
•Add pasta and 1/4 cup pasta cooking liquid to mussels and stir to coat. Reduce heat to medium and continue stirring, adding more cooking liquid as needed, until sauce coats pasta. Divide among bowls. Drizzle with oil; garnish with parsley.
You'll also love
- Roasted Broccoli with Asiago 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Crudites with Lemon-Pesto Goat... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Kens Smoked (or Grillin') Salmon... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Shrimp & Grits 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Candy's Garlic Baked Shrimp 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Chickpea, cheese & onion burgers 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Slow-Cooker White Bean and... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Spicy Steamed Mussels 0/5 (0 Votes)