Joy Bauer’s Chicken Enchiladas
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 2 tsp. taco seasoning
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 onion, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 16 (6-in.) corn or flour tortillas
- 2 cups enchilada or taco sauce, divided
- 2 cups shredded reduced-fat Mexican four-cheese blend
. Stir together the salsa, taco seasoning, garlic powder and onion in a 5- to 6-quart slow cooker. Add chicken. Cover and cook until chicken shreds easily with a fork, 2½ hours on high or 4½ hours on low. Shred chicken, and stir to incorporate cooking liquid.
2. Microwave the tortillas on high until heated and soft, about 30 seconds.
3. Preheat oven to 350?. Spread about 2 tbsp. of the enchilada sauce in each of two 13×9-in. pans. Place one tortilla on sauce, and spread with 1 heaping tbsp. of the enchilada sauce. Spoon about ¼ cup shredded chicken just below center of tortilla. Fold opposite sides of tortilla over filling, and roll up. Turn seam side down. Repeat with remaining tortillas and filling, placing eight enchiladas in each pan. Spread remaining enchilada sauce on top, and sprinkle with the cheese.
4. Bake in oven until cheese is hot and bubbly, about 15 minutes. Serve with your favorite toppings, like chopped tomatoes, cilantro, scallions, salsa and light sour cream or nonfat plain Greek yogurt.
You'll also love
- Buffalo Chicken Bloomin Bread 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Lemon Thyme Basil Chicken 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Skinny Chicken Tamale Pie 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Cranberry-Marscapone Pound Cake 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Zesty Chicken Tortilla Soup 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Mexican Chicken Lettuce Wraps w/... 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Skinny Chicken... 0/5 (0 Votes)