Lemon Thyme Basil Chicken
This marinated chicken recipe is light and refreshing, delicious, and easy to make.
- 3-4 Chicken breasts
- 1 small handful of lemon thyme, chopped
- 1 small handful of basil, chopped
- 1 tsp of your favorite lemon pepper seasoning
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- juice from 1/2 lemon
- 2 fresh garlic cloves, or 1/2 tsp garlic powder (check your lemon pepper seasoning to make sure there isn't already garlic in it)
- Your favorite veggies or salad to pair with it
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 45mins
1. Add all marinade ingredients to a gallon bag. Shake the bag gently and massage the chicken with your hands.
2. Allow to marinate for 4+ hours in the fridge.
3. Chop up two cups of your favorite mushrooms.
4. Heat a grill or sauté pan medium high heat. Add the mushrooms and cook with marinade juices just until soft.
5. Move the mushrooms to the sides of the pan and add the chicken, juices and all.
6. Brown thoroughly on first side, then flip and brown a little bit before placing the chicken in a 400 degree oven to finish cooking.
Chicken is done when the internal temp is 165.
Serve with your favorite grilled vegetables and top with the mushrooms.