Mexican Chicken Lettuce Wraps w/ Mango Salsa
Read more: http://www.thegraciouspantry.com/clean-eating-slow-cooker-mexican-chicken-lettuce-cups-with-mango-salsa/#ixzz3NNz06PJt
© The Gracious Pantry. All rights reserved.
- SLOW COOKER MEXICAN CHICKEN INGREDIENTS:
- 15 oz can tomato sauce
- 4 oz can diced green chiles OR seeded & deveined fresh jalapeños, chopped
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 1 tbsp onion powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper, ground
- 2 lbs chicken breasts, boneless & skinless
- 1 tbsp cornstarch (optional)
- 1 head of butter or iceberg lettuce, separated into leaves
- SALSA INGREDIENTS:
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, quartered
- 1 cup mango, diced
- 1/4 cup onion, diced
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1 tbsp jalapeño peppers, minced (leaves seeds in for hot)
- 2 tsp lime juice
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Tabasco sauce to taste
To make Crock Pot Mexican Chicken: Add ingredients through black pepper to a large crock pot and stir to combine. Dunk chicken in the sauce making sure it’s somewhat covered. Cover with the lid and cook on Low for 6 hours or on High for 3 hours. Remove chicken on a platter and whisk cornstarch (optional) in the sauce. Shred chicken into strands using two forks, return to the crock pot and stir.
To make Mango Salsa: Add all ingredients in a medium bowl and mix.
To serve: Scoop a heaping 1/2 cup chicken into a lettuce cup, top with 1/4 cup salsa and drizzle extra Tabasco sauce for more heat (optional).
Storage Instructions: Refrigerate chicken for up to 3 days and salsa for up to 24 hours. Both should be kept separately and covered.
You'll also love
- Crock Pot Chicken Cordon Bleu 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Chicken-Bacon Ranch Bombs 0/5 (0 Votes)
- George's White Chicken Chili 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Easy Crockpot Teriyaki Chicken... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Strawberry-Mango Freezer Jam 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Green Chile Chicken Alfredo 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Skinny Chicken... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Mango Barfi with fresh mango... 0/5 (0 Votes)