Greek Style Vegan Orzo with Mushrooms
- 5 oz orzo. Cook it according to the packet instructions, but DON’T overcook it – drained, rinsed with cold water, and set aside
- extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 onion, very finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp tomato paste
- 1/2 tsp curry powder
- a pinch of ground cinnamon
- 10 mushrooms, chopped into small pieces
- salt to taste
- flat leaf parsley, chopped, for garnishing
- a wedge of lemon (optional
1.Place a saucepan on the heat, and heat up the olive oil. After a few seconds add the onion and garlic, and mix, making sure they cook well, but be sure not to let them burn.
2.Next, stir in the tomato paste, and continue to mix so that it blends well with the other ingredients.
3.Now add all the spices, and the mushrooms, and allow the mushrooms to soften, and for their juices to slightly reduce. This will probably take around 10 minutes.
4.Next, add the cooked orzo, lower the heat, and gently mix all the time. Lower the heat to its minimum, and whilst stirring, allow the orzo to mingle with the sauce, spices and aroma. Within a few minutes it will be ready to serve.
5.Garnish with parsley, and a squeeze of fresh lemon, if you wish.
6.Serve with a Greek style salad
You'll also love
- Banana Bars with Butter-Rum... 4.5/5 (36 Votes)
- Hillshire Farms Easy Smoked... 3.8/5 (255 Votes)
- Cheesy Smoked Sausage & Pasta... 4.3/5 (38 Votes)
- Italian Sausage and Pepper Pasta-... 4.3/5 (52 Votes)
- Lemon-Garlic Cream Fettuccine... 4.7/5 (21 Votes)
- Grilled Salmon with Rigatoni and... 4.6/5 (20 Votes)
- Portobello Mushroom "Steak" with... 4.3/5 (20 Votes)
- Italian Sausage and Orzo Skillet 4.6/5 (24 Votes)