Cheesy Smoked Sausage & Pasta Skillet
Quick and easy one skillet dinner! Sausage, onions, pasta and cheese on top - your family will love it!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound smoked sausage, sliced
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic, about two fresh cloves
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 (10 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup milk or heavy cream
- 8 ounce dry pasta, any small pasta will do
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar-Jack cheese
- 1/3 cup chopped scallions, for garnish
Adapted from yellowblissroad.com
Add olive oil to a 4 to 5 quart saute pan over medium high heat. Add onions and sausage and cook until lightly browned. Add garlic and cook for about 30 seconds.
Add chicken broth, tomatoes, milk, pasta, and seasonings. Bring the mixture to a boil, cover, and reduce heat to low. Simmer for about 15 minutes, or until pasta is tender.
Turn off the heat and stir in 1/2 cup of cheese. Sprinkle remaining cheese on top and cover for about five minutes to allow cheese to melt. Top with sliced scallions and serve.
You'll also love
- Crispy Crab cakes with tartar sauce 4.4/5 (40 Votes)
- Herbed Quinoa & Red Rice Stuffing... 4.7/5 (11 Votes)
- Seared Beef Tenderloin Filet with... 4.8/5 (10 Votes)
- Marinated Boneless Center Cut Pork... 4.8/5 (10 Votes)
- Greek Style Vegan Orzo with... 4.6/5 (24 Votes)
- Italian Sausage Soup 4.6/5 (28 Votes)