Cajun Honey Glazed Chicken
- 2 lbs chicken breasts, or thighs sliced into strips
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and sliced
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and sliced
- 1 medium Orange slices, cut in half
- Lime wedges, for garnish
- 2 green onions, sliced, for garnish
- Fresh parsley, minced, for garnish
- Cajun Honey Mustard Marinade
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 3 Tbsp coarse Dijon mustard
- 1 Tbsp yellow mustard
- 3/4 Tbsp Cajun seasoning
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
Adapted from foodgawker.com
1. Trim chicken of fat, and slice into strips to resemble chicken tenders.
2. Add marinade ingredients to a zip-top plastic bag and whisk to combine. Add chicken to bag, and seal, pressing out any excess air.
3. Squish the bag around a bit to make sure all the chicken pieces are coated in the marinade.
4. Place bag in refrigerator up to 8 hours.
5. Pour entire contents of the bag into a large skillet and heat over MED-HIGH heat until the mixture comes to a bubble.
6. Reduce heat to MED-LOW and simmer, uncovered, for about 25-30 minutes, until most of the liquid cooks off, leaving a loose glaze.
7. The last 5 minutes or so, add in the sliced bell pepper, jalapeno and orange slices and let them cook in the glaze.
8. Remove chicken, veggies and oranges to a plate.
9. Serve over rice.
10. Garnish with sliced green onions, minced parsley, and a lime wedge.
You'll also love
- Buffalo Chicken Cheesesteaks 4/5 (22 Votes)
- Sesame Beef with Broccoli in an... 4.1/5 (19 Votes)
- Crock Pot Caesar Chicken Recipe 4.1/5 (8 Votes)
- Slow-Cooker Beer-Orange Chicken 4.3/5 (7 Votes)
- Chinese Style-Chicken Long Rice... 4.1/5 (10 Votes)
- Easy Harissa Chicken Dinner 4.3/5 (3 Votes)
- Sriracha-Honey Chicken Lettuce... 4.2/5 (5 Votes)
- Apricot Ginger Glazed Chicken 4.2/5 (5 Votes)