Buffalo Chicken Cheesesteaks
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 1 sweet onion, sliced
- 1 lb chicken breasts, sliced thin
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup Frank’s Buffalo Wing Sauce
- 8 slices cheese (suggested: smoked gruyere or provolone)
- 4 hoagie rolls
Adapted from iowagirleats.com
Preheat oven to 250 degrees. Split hoagie rolls down the center then set aside. Tear 4 large sheets of foil then set aside.
Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat then add butter. Add onions then saute until golden brown, about 3 minutes. Add chicken, season with salt and pepper, and then saute until no longer pink. Add buffalo wing sauce then stir to combine.
Separate mixture into 4 piles then top with cheese slices. Cover with a lid to melt cheese then remove skillet from heat. Scoop each cheese-topped pile into a split hoagie roll then wrap tightly in foil. Place into the oven to warm completely through for 10 minutes. Unwrap then serve.
You'll also love
- Chicken Bacon Ranch Grilled Cheese 4.4/5 (103 Votes)
- Greek Style Chicken Wraps 4.4/5 (46 Votes)
- Sesame Beef with Broccoli in an... 4.1/5 (19 Votes)
- Tyler Florence's Ultimate Ribs 3.9/5 (23 Votes)
- Crock Pot Caesar Chicken Recipe 4.1/5 (8 Votes)
- Slow-Cooker Beer-Orange Chicken 4.3/5 (7 Votes)
- Crab Melt 4.3/5 (7 Votes)
- Easy Harissa Chicken Dinner 4.3/5 (3 Votes)