Rosemary Olive Oil Chocolate Chunk Cake II
A delicious cake with the surprising twist of rosemary!
- For the cake:
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 1/2 cups white flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup olive oil
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- 5 ounces chocolate (70% cacao), chopped into 1/2-inch pieces
- For the frosting:
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate chunks (70% cacoa)
- 1/4 cup butter
1. In a blender, process oil and rosemary until smooth.
1. Combine the dry ingredients.
2. Combine the wet ingredients, including rosemary olive oil.
3. Combine these two mixes until barely moistened, then stir in chocolate chunks.
4. Bake at 350 degrees F for 25 to 40 minutes, depending on your pan size. I used an 8 x 11 and baked it for about 35 minutes.
5. For the frosting, slowly melt butter and chocolate together, then spread on cake once it has cooled.