Rum Spiked Grilled Pineapple with Toasted Coconut
Tropical dessert made with rum and pineapple. You can even prepare the pineapple on the outdoor grill.
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup dark spiced rum, such as Captain Morgan's
- 1 pineapple, peeled, cored, halved lengthwise, and sliced lengthwise into 12 wedges, about 1 1/2 pounds
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons sweetened flaked coconut, toasted
- 3 cups low fat vanilla ice cream
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 15mins
Adapted from myrecipes.com
1. Combine sugar and rum in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at HIGH 1 1/2 minutes or until sugar dissolves. Brush rum mixture evenly over pineapple wedges.
2. Melt butter in a grill pan over medium-high heat. Add pineapple to pan; grill 3 minutes on each side or until grill marks form and pineapple is thoroughly heated. Sprinkle with coconut. Serve with ice cream.
Note: To toast the coconut, place it in a saute pan over medium heat and stir until slightly browned. Cool before using.
Makes 6 servings. Each serving = 2 Weight Watchers points (not including ice cream).
You'll also love
- Salmon With Pepita-Lime Butter 4.7/5 (3 Votes)
- Broccoli with Two-Cheese Sauce 4.7/5 (3 Votes)
- Mexican Avocado Burgers 4.7/5 (3 Votes)
- Puerto Rican style Jamon con Piña... 4.7/5 (3 Votes)
- JAM - Kaya Coconut Jam 4.7/5 (3 Votes)
- Pineapple-Cactus-Habanero Salsa 4.7/5 (3 Votes)
- Chewy Coconut Cookies 4.7/5 (3 Votes)