Spicy Pumpkin Bundt Cake
- Nonstick cooking spray for pan
- 4 cups cake flour (not self rising) plus more for dusting
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbs ground ginger
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp freshly grated nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter at room temperature plus more for pan
- 2 1/2 cups packed light brown sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 1/2 cups canned pumpkin puree
- Confectioner's sugar, for dusging
1. Preheat oven to 350 - spray 14 cup bundt pan with cooking spray, dust with four and tap out excess.
2. Whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, ginger,cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves. Set aside.
3. Beat butter and brown sugar together with paddle attachment until pale and fluffy 2-3 minutes. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition and scraping down sides of bowl. Reduce speed to low. Beat in flour mixture in 3 additions, alternating with the buttermilk. Beat until just combined. Add pumpkin puree, beat until combined. Pour batter into prepared pan.
4. Bake until golden and wooden pick comes out clean - 55 minutes. Let cool on a wire rack for 30 minutes. Carefully turn cake onto rack to cool completely. Dust with confectioners' sugar before serving.