Sweet and Sour Kielbasa
Delicious weeknight dinner..
- 1 small red onion, large dice
- 1/2 green bell pepper, large dice
- 1/2 red bell pepper, large dice
- 2 medium carrots, sliced on the bias
- 2 to 3 Roma tomatoes, large dice, or about 1/2 carton cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple chunks, drained, reserve juice
- 1 pound kielbasa sliced
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/2 cup apricot preserves
Combine all sauce ingredients, mixing well. Set aside.
In a large saute pan, heat oil and stir-fry onion, peppers, and carrots until tender crisp. Add tomatoes and pineapple and cook a little longer, or until desired doneness. Turn out into a bowl and set aside.
In the same pan, add some additional oil, and briefly saute kielbasa. Add kielbasa to the vegetables in the bowl.
Put sauce mixture into the pan and bring to a boil. When it starts to thicken, add kielbasa/vegetable mixture and heat thoroughly.
Serve with hot rice