Deep Fried Deviled Eggs
A Southern favorite potluck food gets a crunchy, delicious makeover! Egg whites are dredged with flour, dipped in beaten eggs, rolled in Panko bread crumbs and deep-fried.
- 15 eggs, hard boiled, cut in half, yolks separated from whites
- cooking oil to deep fry
- flour, as needed
- panko bread crumbs, as needed
- paprika to garnish
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon yellow mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch garlic salt
- black pepper, to taste
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 25mins
Boil 12 eggs until hard boiled. While eggs are boiling, beat the other 3 eggs. Then put the flour, beaten eggs and bread crumbs into 3 separate bowls. Set aside.
Let the boiled eggs cool, and then peel, rinse and dry, and slice the eggs in half lengthwise.
Separate the cooked egg yolks and put them in a medium size bowl to make the deviled egg filling. Add the mayonnaise, mustard, vinegar, sugar, salt, garlic salt and black pepper to taste. Mix with an electric mixer, until filling is smooth. Set aside.
Coat the cooked egg whites halves with flour, then dip in the beaten egg, and then coat in Panko crumbs. Set them aside on a plate or piece of wax paper until ready to cook.
Heat oil in the bottom of a 2 quart saucepan until medium hot. Carefully place 3 or 4 of the coated egg whites into the oil, and fry for 1 to 2 minutes on each side, or until golden brown. Remove from oil and drain on paper towels. When all of the egg whites are fried, fill with the prepared deviled egg filling.
Garnish with a sprinkling of paprika. Serve immediately.
You'll also love
- Beef Stroganoff in an Instant Pot 4.1/5 (24 Votes)
- Blueberry Coffee Cake 4.5/5 (20 Votes)
- Pressure-Cooker Caramel Flan 4.2/5 (60 Votes)
- Juicy Pub-Style Burgers 4.4/5 (17 Votes)
- Crispy Corn Tortillas with Chicken... 4.5/5 (20 Votes)
- Hot Wings in an Air Fryer 4.4/5 (21 Votes)
- French Bread in Bread Machine 4.3/5 (30 Votes)
- Easter Peep S'mores 4.5/5 (20 Votes)