Skewered Chicken With Lemon Butter Sauce
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves cut 1" pieces
- 3/4 cup dry white breadcrumbs
- 3/4 cup freshly-grated Parmesan cheese (abt 2 1/2 oz)
- 12 bamboo skewers - (8" long) soaked in water
- for 30 minutes
- 1/4 cup butter - (1/2 stick)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
Mix first 6 ingredients in large bowl. Add chicken; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate 1 hour.
Preheat broiler. Combine breadcrumbs and Parmesan cheese in another large bowl. Remove chicken from marinade; discard marinade. Add chicken to breadcrumb mixture; toss to coat. Arrange chicken on skewers.
Broil chicken until cooked through, turning frequently, about 8 minutes. Transfer to platter.
Meanwhile, melt butter in heavy small saucepan over medium heat. Remove from heat and mix in lemon juice. Drizzle butter over chicken.
This recipe yields 6 servings.