Slow Cooker Open-Faced Turkey Sandwiches
So simple and delicious! Makes 6 mouth watering Open-Faced Turkey Sandwiches, hearty bread is topped with mashed potato, slow cooked turkey and gravy, Enjoy!
- 3 1/2 pounds bone-in turkey breast half, skin removed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 box (32 ounce) low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 sprigs fresh thyme
- 2 teaspoon fresh oregano, chopped
- 6 slices hearty bread
- 1 envelope turkey gravy mix (such as McCormick)
- Mashed potatoes with butter
Place turkey breast half in slow cooker insert. Season with S&P. Pour brother around turkey; add bay leaf, thyme and oregano. Cover and cook on high for 5 hrs or low for 7 hrs.
Using a large spatula, carefully remove turkey from slow cooker to a cutting board. Remove and discard bones; strain broth from slow cooker into a bowl.
Make mashed potatoes, using some of the chicken broth if possible. Make gravy according to package directions.
Cut turkey crosswise into slices. Place 1 piece of bread on a plate. Spread with 1/3 cup mashed potatoes and some of the turkey and top with a little gravy. Repeat to make 6 sandwiches and serve.
You'll also love
- Creamy Orzo with Asparagus &... 4.4/5 (72 Votes)
- Olive Garden Zuppa Toscana Soup 4.3/5 (84 Votes)
- Nacho Chorizo Dogs 4.5/5 (61 Votes)
- Bacon Wrapped, Cream Cheese &... 4.6/5 (55 Votes)
- Cheeseburger Soup - Low Carb 4.3/5 (82 Votes)
Review this recipe