Nacho Chorizo Dogs
These yummy chorizo sausages mixed with nacho cheese sauce and topped with a Southwest inspired crescent dog are the perfect appetizer. The nacho strips can be colored to match your team for game day or special event's theme. Very cool and delicious!
- 4 teaspoons vegetable oil
- Gel food colors
- 2 Old El Paso® flour tortillas for burritos (8 inch)
- 2 cans (8-ounces each) Pillsbury® refrigerated crescent dinner rolls or 2 cans (8-ounces each) Pillsbury® Crescent Recipe Creations® refrigerated seamless dough sheet
- 8 hot dogs
- 1/3 cup pickled jalapeño slices
- 1/2 pound bulk chorizo sausage, crumbled
- 1 jar (15-ounce) nacho cheese sauce
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 35mins
Adapted from pillsbury.com
To make Tortilla Strips:
Heat oven to 375°F.
Place 2 teaspoons of the oil in small dish; stir in 2 to 3 drops food color of your choice. Brush oil mixture over tortillas, working the brush until color is even. Repeat with remaining oil and additional colors. Using pizza cutter, cut tortillas into very thin strips. Bake about 8 minutes, stirring once, until crisp.
To make Dogs:
Leave oven setting at 375°F.
Separate or cut each can of dough into 4 rectangles (8 rectangles total). If using crescent roll dough, press seams to seal. Place hot dog and 3 to 4 jalapeño slices at one short end of each rectangle. Roll up; pinch edges to seal. Place seam side down on un-greased cookie sheet. Bake 18 to 20 minutes or until golden brown; keep warm.
Meanwhile, in 10-inch skillet, cook chorizo sausage over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until no longer pink; drain well. Add cheese sauce; cook over low heat until hot. Cover; keep warm.
To serve, top each crescent dog with about 1/4 cup of the sausage mixture, then top with colored tortilla strips.
You'll also love
- baked summer squash - stuffed to... 4.6/5 (59 Votes)
- PUMPKIN SPICE BREAD 4.6/5 (59 Votes)
- Bacon Wrapped, Cream Cheese &... 4.6/5 (55 Votes)
- Pork Chops & Rice in an Instant... 3.7/5 (164 Votes)
- Kraut Kielbasa Potato Casserole 4.6/5 (58 Votes)
- Sausage Stuffed Jalapeno Poppers 4.5/5 (62 Votes)
- Sun-Dried Chorizo Garlic Shrimp 5/5 (5 Votes)