'Cheese' Quesadillas With Berry And Peach Fruit Salsa
- 1 1/2 quarts strawberries hulled, halved, and sliced
- 2 cups blueberries
- 2 cups peaches peeled, pitted, and diced
- 2/3 cup green onion thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons freshly-chopped cilantro
- 2 tablespoons brown rice syrup
- 8 flour tortillas - (8" dia)
- 2 cups shredded soy Monterey Jack (or mozzarella cheese)
- Raspberry Tofu Cream Topping (see recipe)
In a glass bowl, combine the strawberries, blueberries, peaches, green onion, cilantro, and brown rice syrup, and toss gently. Set aside.
To assemble each quesadilla, place the tortilla on a plate, on one half of the tortilla sprinkle 1/4 cup shredded soy cheese, 1/4 cup of the reserved salsa, and fold over the tortilla to enclose the filling. Transfer the quesadilla to a non-stick cookie sheet. Repeat procedure for the remaining tortillas.
Bake at 400 degrees for 4 minutes or until lightly browned, carefully flip over the quesadillas, and cook an additional 3 to 4 minutes or until lightly browned on the other side.
Serve the quesadillas with additional salsa and a dollop of the Raspberry Tofu Cream Topping.
This recipe yields 8 quesadillas.