Caramel Peanut & Popcorn Snack Mix
This caramel corn snack mix with peanuts and peanut butter pieces is sweet and salty. Wrapped up, it makes a great gift or stocking stuffer during the holidays.
- 15 cups popped popcorn (about 3/4 cup kernel)
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup dark corn syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup lightly salted dry-roasted peanuts
- Wax paper
- 1 (10.5-ounce) package candy-coated peanut butter pieces (such as Reese’s Pieces)
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 50mins
Preheat oven to 325°F.
Cook kernels without oil in the microwave. Place ¼ cup kernels in a 2 ½ quart microwave-safe bowl; completely cover bowl top with a microwave-safe plate. Cook at high 3 to 4 minutes or until kernels have popped. Repeat with remaining kernels.
Spread popcorn in an even layer on a lightly greased (with cooking spray) heavy-duty aluminum foil-lined 13x18-inch pan. Stir together brown sugar and next 3 ingredients in a small saucepan over medium-low heat; bring to a simmer, and simmer, stirring constantly, 1 minute. Pour over popcorn and stir gently to coat.
Bake at 325°F for 25 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes. Add peanuts during last 5 minutes. Remove from oven, and spread on lightly greased (with cooking spray) wax paper. Cool completely (about 20 minutes). Break apart large pieces, and stir in candy pieces. Store in an airtight container up to 1 week.
You'll also love
- Slow-Cooker Mac & Cheese 3.8/5 (1569 Votes)
- Jalapeno Popper Spread 4.4/5 (750 Votes)
- Kool-Aid Ice Cubes in Sprite 4.5/5 (250 Votes)
- 7-Layer Vegetarian Greek Dip 4.5/5 (135 Votes)
- Creamy Bacon & Cheese Dip 4.5/5 (130 Votes)
- Candied Pecans 4.4/5 (129 Votes)
- Club Cracker Candy 3.9/5 (146 Votes)
- Dulce de Leche Cheerios® Snack Mix 4.9/5 (12 Votes)