Spicy Beef with Mushroom Reduction
The mushroom reduction used in this recipe is so versatile you can use it in many other of your favourite dishes. It makes a nice accompaniment to chicken, pork, and even fish.
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp dried rosemary
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 4 New York steaks
- Mushroom Reduction
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped or 2 shallots, chopped
- i cup chopped button mushrooms
- 1/2 cup red wine
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
Preparation time 20mins
To prepare the steaks: In a bowl, combine paprika, onion powder, garlic powder, thyme, rosemary, basil, black pepper and salt. Spread on wax paper and coat both sides of steaks.
To prepare the mushroom reduction: In a large frying pan, heat oil and saute onion and mushrooms for about 2 to 3 minutes, or until softened. Add wine, and simmer until liquid is reduced by half. Add Worcestershire sauce, honey, vinegar and parsley; simmer for another 2 minutes.
Preheat grill and cook steaks to desired doneness (5 to 6 minutes for rare, 7 to 8 minutes for medium). Top steaks with mushroom reduction and serve immediately.
You'll also love
- Soba Noodles with Vegetables and... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- CREAM CHEESE PEACH PIE DELIGHT 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Roasted Garlic Lemon Broccoli 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Sauteed Mushrooms in Champagne... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Molasses Pork Tenderloin with Red... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Roast Chicken on Wild Mushroom... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Beef Tenderloin with Shiitake... 0/5 (0 Votes)