Mushroom Cream Sauce (w/ Nutmeg) for Pasta
This will make a nice meatless dinner for 2 or a side dish for 4. Add a dash of red-pepper flakes for a flavor boost.
- 1 pound pasta (fettucini, penne, bowties, etc.)
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 package crimini mushrooms, sliced
- 1 small onion, minced minced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup half and half
- Freshly ground nutmeg
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- Grilled sliced chicken breast
1. Cook pasta according to pkg directions; drain.
2. In skillet, heat butter over med-hi and saute mushrooms for 2 minutes.
3. Add onions and garlic; cook for 1 minute.
4. Add flour and cook and stir for 1 minute.
5. Add milk, nutmeg, salt and pepper.
6. Cook and stir until sauce is thickened and smooth.
7. Remove from heat; add Parmesan cheese.
8. Toss with drained pasta.
9. Serve with grilled sliced chicken
10.Finish with nutmeg, olive oil, sea salt, cheese