Beef Tips with Rice and Brown Gravy
- 3 1/2 pounds beef sirloin tip roast, fat trimmed and cut into cubes
- 2 packages brown gravy mix
- 3 1/2 cups water
- 1 can mushrooms, optional
- 2 cups long-grain brown rice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 beef bouillon cube
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
Place the cubed beef and chopped onion in the bottom of the slow cooker.
Mix both packets of brown gravy mix with 1 cup of water, and pour over the beef tips.
Add the mushrooms and liquid from the can, if using.
Add bouillon cube and set the slow cooker to high for 3-4 hours (or low for 6-8 hours).
Place the brown rice, salt and remaining 2 1/2 cups of water in a wide, shallow pan. Bring it to a boil. Reduce the heat to simmer, cover the pan and cook for 30 minutes.
Fluff the rice with a fork, and place a serving on each plate. Ladle the beef and gravy over the rice for serving.
Recipe adapted from In The Kitchen With KP