Slow Cooker Beef Stroganoff for Two
Beef stroganoff is made of beef, onions, and mushrooms cooked in a rich sauce thickened with sour cream. It is delicious served over hot rice or hot cooked egg noodles. Sirloin tip is the best cut to use for this easy recipe. Serve it with green salad, some cooked carrots and a nice red wine.
- 1/2 Lb. beef sirloin tip, cubed
- 1/2 cup minced onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 6 small button mushrooms, left whole.
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp. dried marjoram
- 1/4 tsp. ground mustard
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 cup low-sodium beef broth
- 1/2 cup dry red wine
- 2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 Tbl. all-purpose flour
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 465mins
1. In the slow cooker, combine the beef, onion, garlic, mushrooms, salt, pepper, marjoram, and mustard. Top with the bay leaf.
2. Pour the broth, wine, and Worcestershire sauce into the slow cooker. cover and cook on low for 7 hours until the meat is very tender. Remove and discard the bay leaf.
3. In a small bowl, combine the sour cream and flour. Add about 1/2 cup of the liquid from the slow cooker and mmix well. Stir this mixture back into the slow cooker.
4. Cover and cook on high for 20-25 minutes, or until the mixture thickens.
Serve hot over cooked egg noodles.