Chilled Buttermilk-Butternut Squash Soup
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 2 cups plain yogurt
- 3 shallots peeled
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar or to taste
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 1/2 pounds butternut squash peeled, cubed
- 1/4 cup fresh dill leaves plus
- extra for garnish
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 1 cup plantain chips for garnish
Steam and cool squash.
Stir together buttermilk and yogurt until smooth. Pour 1 cup buttermilk mixture into bowl of food processor or blender and add half the cooked squash, shallots, sugar, curry powder, dill leaves, salt and pepper. Process until mixture is partially smooth.
To serve, pour soup into individual bowls or large tureen and garnish with dill leaves, remaining squash cubes and plantain chips.
This recipe yields 3 to 4 servings.
Per Serving: 250 Cal; 13g Prot; 2g Total Fat (1 Sat. Fat); 49g Carb.; 10mg Chol; 230mg Sod.; 6g Fiber.