Tofu 'Tuna' And White Bean Salad
- 2 cups cooked large white cannellini beans (or one 16-oz can, drained, rinsed)
- 1 package baked marinated tofu - (10 oz) finely diced
- 1/3 cup chopped black olives preferably cured
- 2 large celery stalks diced
- 1/2 cup red onion rings
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Juice of 1/2 to 1 lemon to taste
- Curly green or red leaf lettuce leaves as needed
Combine all the ingredients except the lettuce in a serving bowl and toss together. To serve, arrange 2 or 3 lettuce leaves on each plate and spoon some salad over them.
This recipe yields 6 servings.