Roasted Cauliflower Steaks with Golden Raisins & Pine Nuts
Roasting the cauliflower brings out the flavor, while giving it depth. The raisins and pine nuts toasted in butter are served over the roasted cauliflower for an amazing main entree.
- 2 heads cauliflower, cut vertically into 1/2-inch-thick steaks (4 to 6 steaks total)
- Extra-virgin olive oil, for drizzling
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley leaves
Adapted from foodnetwork.com
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
Place the cauliflower steaks on a baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper on both sides. Transfer to the oven and bake until golden brown, 20 to 25 minutes, flipping after the first 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, add the pine nuts to a dry medium saute pan and toast over medium heat until brown, about 3 minutes. Add the raisins and the butter, and season with salt. Cook until the butter has melted and coats the pine nuts and raisins. Off the heat, stir in the parsley.
Transfer the roasted cauliflower to a serving platter. Pour the pine nut-raisin mixture over the top.
Recipe courtesy of Valerie Bertinelli
Read more at: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/valerie-bertinelli/roasted-cauliflower-steaks-with-golden-raisins-and-pine-nuts.html?oc=linkback
You'll also love
- 3 Ingredient Slow Cooker Apple... 4.2/5 (6 Votes)
- Creepy Caterpillar Recipe 4.6/5 (5 Votes)
- Cod with Tomato Cream Sauce for Two 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Sour Cream Rhubarb Muffins 4.1/5 (20 Votes)
- Orzo with Caramelized Onions and... 4.4/5 (5 Votes)
- Tasty Deep Fried Cauliflower 4.3/5 (14 Votes)
- Chewy Oatmeal Date Raisin Cookies 4.3/5 (18 Votes)
Review this recipe