Sweet Potato Pankcakes
These sweet potato pancakes make for a different, but delicious, dinner. You can also prepare any type of fish and serve it on top of the pancakes
- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 small egg white
- 1 A cup (60 mL) maple syrup
- 3 Tbsp (45 mL) self-raising flour
- 2 Tbsp (30 mL) milk
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) dried thyme
- 2 Tbsp (30 mL) vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) sour cream
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 60mins
Place the sweet potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with lightly salted water. Bring to a boil then cover and reduce the heat. Simmer for 15 minutes, or until tender. Drain the potatoes and transfer to a large bowl.
Add all of the remaining ingredients, except the vegetable oil and sour cream.
Heat the oil in a large saute pan and make the pancakes with large spoonfuls of batter. Flip once, cooking for 3-4 minutes on each side. Serve with a dollop of sour cream.