Pineapple Chicken Lo Mein
- 1 (20 oz) can unsweetened chunk pineapple, saving 1/3 cup of juice
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 3/4 tsp ground ginger, or 1 T fresh minced ginger root
- 3 T veg. oil, divided
- 2 medium carrots, julienned
- 1 medium green pepper, julienned
- 4 oz spaghetti noodles, cooked/drained
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 1 T corn starch
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 40mins
Drain pineapple, reserving 1/3 cup of juice and set aside. Over medium heat, cook chicken, garlic, and ginger with 2 T of the oil. Cook 6 minutes, then add carrots, peppers and pineapple. Cover, and cook for 3/6 minutes or until veggies are crisp-tender and juices are clear. Add spaghetti and onions.
In a small bowl, combine the remaining oil, soy sauce, corn starch and reserved pineapple juice; stir until smooth. Stir in to chicken mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2-3 minutes, or until thickened.
*Optional: marinade the noddles in soy sauce mixture before adding them to the pan.