Chicken & Corn Chowder
- 6 slices bacon, chopped
- 8 green onions, sliced
- 3 medium potatoes, peeled and diced
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 cups whole milk
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons Old Bay seasoning
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 cups cooked and shredded chicken
- 1 (15-ounce) can corn
- 1 (15-ounce) can creamed corn
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 cup shredded cheddar, for serving
In a large pot, cook bacon until crisp. Remove with a slotted spoon, leaving the fat. Save the bacon for serving!
Put green onions and sliced potatoes in pot with bacon fat and cook until the green onions have softened, just a minute or two. Sprinkle flour over top and stir for another minute. Pour in milk, chicken broth, Old Bay, parsley, and cayenne pepper. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Lower to a simmer and cook until potatoes have softened, about 15 minutes. Add both cans of corn and the chicken, continue cooking until everything is heated through.
Serve immediately with bacon, cheddar cheese, and green onions sprinkled on top.