A classic French toast recipe spiced with vanilla, cinnamon and nutmeg dusted with powdered sugar and drizzled with maple syrup. Use French or Italian bread for best results. Recipe is easily doubled or tripled - which is good, because they'll be asking for more.
- 2 slices French or Italian bread
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg, or to taste
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Powered sugar
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 10mins
Slice the bread about one inch thick.
Break the egg into a bowl and add the spices to it. Beat the egg and spices until mixed well.
Heat a fry pan to medium heat, add the butter and let it melt. Adjust the heat so as not to burn the butter.
Dip each slice of bread into the egg and spice mixture coating both sides, so the bread just begins to soak up the egg mixture. Drain the excess egg off the bread back into the bowl.
Place in fry pan and brown lightly on both sides.
Place on a plate and sprinkle with powder sugar, drizzle with syrup and serve.
You'll also love
- Hibachi Chicken & Fried Rice 3.9/5 (212 Votes)
- Strawberry Banana Pancake Kebabs 4.5/5 (68 Votes)
- Pepperoni Pizza Rolls 4.6/5 (61 Votes)
- Cajun Jambalaya Pasta 4.3/5 (84 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Sausage Breakfast... 4.3/5 (93 Votes)
- Pineapple Upside Down Jello Shots 3.9/5 (123 Votes)
- White Chocolate Martini 4.4/5 (76 Votes)
- Blueberry Coffee Cake 4.4/5 (65 Votes)