Garlic Turkey Marinade
- GARLIC TURKEY MARINADE
- 2 cups vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons Beau Monde seasoning
- 1 1/2 Tablespoon salt
- 2 Tablespoons Hungarian Paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- dash Tabasco
Combine all ingredients in a blender. Process until well combined. Makes enough marinade for 15-20 pound turkey.
Whole turkey, cleaned and dried
Place turkey in a large heavy duty plastic bag. Wearing rubber gloves, rub generous amounts of the marinade into the meat. Rub the remaining marinade into the outside of the turkey. Place turkey in second plastic bag and seal. This helps keep the pungent odor of the garlic to a minimum in the refrigerator.
Put turkey in a large pan or bowl in the refrigerator and refrigerate for 24-48 hours. During that time turn every so often and rub the marinade into the turkey through the plastic bag.
Remove the turkey from the refrigerator. Wearing rubber gloves, remove the turkey from the marinade and wipe off some of the clinging garlic and spices.
I prefer to roast a whole turkey with the breast down. It will also cook the thighs and legs more quickly and evenly.
This breast down method will not give you that beautiful ‘Norman Rockwell’ turkey you carve at the table, but this method self bastes the breast resulting in a moister turkey. I also do not stuff the turkey as I find you have a moist stuffing but a dry bird.
Roast following the package directions or you can smoke the turkey.
You'll also love
- Classic Shrimp Gobernador Tacos 0/5 (0 Votes)
- SHRIMP STIR FRY OF SAN FRANCISCO 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Lemon Chiffon Blueberry Squares 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Hasselback Potatoes with Garlic... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Caramelized Onion & Goat Cheese... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Tunisian Couscous (variation with... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Sausage and Wild Rice Casserole 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Garlic-Roasted Chateaubriand with... 0/5 (0 Votes)