Caramelized Onion & Goat Cheese Bruschetta
- 3 tblsp. olive oil
- 3 onions, thinly sliced
- 3 tblsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1 tblsp. sugar
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 5 oz. goat cheese
- 2 tblsp. pine nuts
- baguette, cut into slices
1. Heat oil in large skillet
2. Add onions, lower heat & cook stirring occasionally, until deep golden brown, about 30 minutes.
3. Add vinegar, sugar & salt & cook for 5 minutes, until the liquid is almost evaporated.
4. Can be made 1 day ahead.
5. Preheat oven to 375.
6. Toast baguette slice until golden, about 9 minutes.
7. Top baguette slices with onion mixture, then with goat cheese & pine nuts.
8. Bake at 425 for about 10 minutes, until heated through & the cheese just starts to melt.