Crab Stuffed Mushrooms
- 22-24 medium sized button mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 8 ounces crab meat
- 5 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/8-1/4 teaspoon hot sauce (a few dashes to taste)
- 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- Cooking spray
1.Wipe mushrooms with a dry paper towel to clean. Remove stems from mushrooms and cut ends off. Chop stems and saute with garlic in butter in a small pan until mushroom stems are tender. Remove from heat and let cool a bit.
2.Combine cream cheese, chives, parsley, salt, pepper, parmesan cheese and hot sauce in a medium bowl. Add in crab meat and cooked stems.
3.Fill mushroom caps with rounded tablespoons of the filling, enough to create a dome of filling.
4.Place bread crumbs in a small bowl. Roll tops of stuffed mushrooms in the bread crumbs to coat. Place mushrooms in a large baking pan. Spray tops lightly with cooking spray.
5.bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for about 20 minutes, until tops are golden.