Poor Man's Lobster
- 6 (6 oz) cod, haddock or pollock, thawed if frozen
- 6 c water
- 1 c sugar
- 2 Tbsp salt
- 1 c butter, melted, divided
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 25mins
Mix the water, sugar and salt together in a 2 qt pan, bring to a boil. Remove from the heat and add the fish fillets. Make sure they are completely covered. Cover and let sit for 5 minutes if fillets are an inch or more thick, 3-4 minutes if less than an inch thick.
Remove with slotted spatula, drain on paper towels and pat dry.
Preheat broiler (spray broiler pan or cookie sheet with non-stick spray).
Pour 1/2 c of butter into a bowl. Dip each piece of fish, turning to coat thoroughly. Place fish on broiler pan or cookie sheet and pour the butter from the bowl used for dipping on top of the fish. Sprinkle fish with paprika.
Broil 8 minutes for each inch of thickness.
Use remaining 1/2 c butter as to dip fish in.
You'll also love
- Breakfast Grilled Cheese with Ham... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Skinny Zesty Turkey Meatballs 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Lemon Caper Beurre Blanc Seafood... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- "Crawfish Boil" Fried Chicken 2/5 (3 Votes)
- Spicy Crab Stuffed Mushrooms 0/5 (0 Votes)
- pink shrimp dip 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Smoked Gouda Lobster mac and cheese 0/5 (0 Votes)