Spicy Thai Peanut Noodles
Quick and easy Spicy Thai Peanut Noodles. Add some chicken or shrimp to make it a full dinner. If you'd like, use this sauce for traditional Chicken Rama.
- PEANUT SAUCE:
- 12 ounce spaghetti (I used Barilla White Fiber)
- 1 large red bell pepper, sliced into thin strips then cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 large cucumber, peeled, seeded and sliced into thin strips then cut into-2-inch pieces
- 3/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/2 cup lightly salted roasted peanuts, roughly chopped
- Sesame seeds, for garnish (optional)
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup warm water
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons Sriracha (more or less to taste)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons peeled and minced fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
Adapted from cookingclassy.com
Cook spaghetti according to directions listed on package. Meanwhile prepare peanut sauce by combining all sauce ingredients in a mixing bowl, whisking until well blended and smooth.
Drain pasta and pour into a large serving bowl. Toss with sauce then add bell pepper, cucumber, green onions, cilantro and peanuts and toss lightly. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and serve.