Low-Carb Beef and Broccoli
By Sharon T
- 2 cups broccoli (fresh)
- 1 pound boneless beef steak (I like sirloin or flank)
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 clove garlic, minced (or comparable spice)
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon Thickenthin/Not starch or xanthan gum
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- pinch ground red pepper
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 cups beef broth (I use organic)
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 40mins
Cut cleaned broccoli into small flowerets. Cut florets into tiny bits. Slice stalks into long strips. Set aside.
Cut beef with the grain into 1 1/2 inch strips. Cut those into 1/4 inch thick slanted slices. In a bowl, mix beef with soy and garlic and marinade for 15 minutes. Prepare sauce (recipe above).
Place pan over medium high heat on stove with a Tbsp of oil. When oil is hot, add half of the meat mixture and cook until meat is browned, about 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from pan and set aside. Add another Tbsp of oil and repeat cooking the rest of the meat.
Pour remaining oil into pan. Once oil is hot, add broccoli and cook for about 1 minute. Add water and cover pan, stirring frequently until broccoli is tender, about 3 minutes. Add cooking sauce, along with meat. Cook until sauce boils and then thickens.
You'll also love
- Old Bay Shrimp Cakes 4.2/5 (20 Votes)
- Upside Down Cheesecake Apple Pie 4.6/5 (14 Votes)
- Baked Sweet Potatoes 4.6/5 (14 Votes)
- Maple Bacon Fudge 4.6/5 (15 Votes)
- Pumpkin-Pecan Tassies 4.7/5 (15 Votes)
- Rigatoni With Beef Ragu 4.6/5 (14 Votes)
- Baked Cheese & Broccoli Patties 4.4/5 (70 Votes)
- Broccoli Salad 4.2/5 (44 Votes)