Old Bay Shrimp Cakes
- For the Tartar Sauce:
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon finely chopped cornichons
- 1/2 teaspoon finely chopped capers
- 1/2 teaspoon finely chopped shallots
- For the Shrimp Cakes:
- 1 pound peeled and deveined shrimp, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- 1 egg
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 teaspoon Old Bay seasoning
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
Adapted from wsj.com
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Make Tartar Sauce:
Mix all ingredients until evenly combined. Cover and chill in refrigerator until ready to serve.
Make Shrimp Cakes:
Place all ingredients except canola oil in a bowl and use your hands to thoroughly combine.
Heat canola oil in a large cast-iron skillet over medium heat. Form shrimp mixture into 6 hockey-puck-size round patties. Add patties to pan and pan-fry until browned all over, about 3 minutes per side. Transfer skillet to oven and bake until cooked through, about 3 minutes more.
Serve shrimp cakes with tartar sauce for dipping.