Roasted Asparagus Salad With Tangerine Dressing
- 1 pound asparagus trimmed
- 1 teaspoon olive oil (preferably extra-virgin)
- 2 large tangerines or small oranges
- 1/3 cup fresh tangerine juice or orange juice
- 2 teaspoons rice vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons oriental sesame oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons grated tangerine peel or orange peel
- 1 garlic clove pressed
- 3/4 teaspoon minced peeled fresh ginger
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons finely-chopped green onion tops
- 2 tablespoons finely-chopped dry-roasted peanuts
Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Place asparagus in medium bowl. Pour enough cold water over asparagus to cover; let stand 15 minutes. Drain. Spread asparagus in 13- by 9- by 2-inch baking pan; drizzle with oil. Roast asparagus until crisp-tender, turning occasionally, about 10 minutes. Transfer asparagus to platter; cool.
Using sharp knife, cut peel and white pith from tangerines. Cut between membranes to release segments. Arrange tangerine segments atop asparagus. Whisk tangerine juice, vinegar, sesame oil, peel, garlic and ginger in small bowl to blend. Season dressing to taste with salt and pepper. Drizzle over asparagus. Sprinkle with green onion tops and peanuts and serve.
This recipe yields 4 servings.
Per serving: calories, 117; total fat, 5 g; saturated fat, 1 g; cholesterol, 0.