VEGGIE - Easiest Garlic Mashed Potatoes
- 5 pounds Russet potatoes, chopped into 1 or 2 inch pieces
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 3-5 large cloves fresh garlic (depends on how much you can handle! I did 3 for this batch)
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 teaspoons salt
Adapted from pinchofyum.com
Place the potatoes, milk, broth, and garlic in a slow cooker, with the garlic sitting on top. Cover and cook for 4-5 hours on high or 7-8 hours on low. When the potatoes are very tender, mash directly in the bowl of the slow cooker to incorporate everything to your desired consistency. You can also use an electric mixer, which I did, and it was super slick. Just be careful not to keep the mixer completely inside the bowl so you don't get a mashed potato spray.
Stir in the salt, butter, and sour cream. Taste and adjust seasoning, mix or mash any more if needed, and serve. Yummmms.
More salt is almost always a good thing with this recipe. Potatoes love salt! Also, as you can see, mine were very rustic-y with some lumps and bumps of potato and also of the potato skin, which I sort of liked. If you want ultra-smooth, you might want to a) cook the potatoes a bit longer, or b) do the full fancy thing where you use a potato ricer and everything. That's not this recipe.
You'll also love
- Black Beans & Rice (Arroz Congri... 4.4/5 (5 Votes)
- Apple, Sausage, and Cheddar Torte 4.4/5 (5 Votes)
- Carrot Slaw 4.4/5 (5 Votes)
- Pumpkin Pecan Scones with Maple... 4.4/5 (5 Votes)
- Potato Leek Soup ~ vegan 4.4/5 (5 Votes)
- Roasted Garlic Mashed Turnips 4.5/5 (6 Votes)
- Roasted Garlic Sun Dried Tomato... 4.4/5 (5 Votes)