Butter Fried Chicken
Quick and easy way to fix chicken for dinner. Chicken is coated with a seasoned cheesy crumb mixture and then fried in butter and served with shallots, capers and lemon on top. Serve with your favorite steamed vegetables.
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, about 2 pounds, halved crosswise
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons finely grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 large eggs
- 2 sticks unsalted butter
- Kosher salt
- 3 shallots, minced
- 3 tablespoons capers, drained
- 1 lemon, thinly sliced
Cooking time 45mins
Adapted from foodandwine.com
Using a meat mallet, lightly pound any thicker parts of the chicken breasts so they are of even thickness. In a shallow baking dish, mix the flour, salt and pepper. In another shallow baking dish, mix the bread crumbs, cheese, oregano, basil and cayenne. Place the eggs in a medium bowl and beat well.
Working with one piece of chicken at a time, dredge in the flour, then dip the chicken in the egg, letting any excess drip back into the bowl. Dredge in the bread crumbs, pressing to help the crumbs adhere. Transfer the chicken to a baking sheet.
In a large cast-iron skillet, melt the butter over moderate heat. Add 4 chicken pieces and cook until golden brown and cooked through, turning halfway, 6 to 8 minutes. Transfer the breasts to a serving platter and season with salt. Repeat with the remaining chicken.
Add the shallots and capers to the skillet and cook, stirring, for 30 seconds. Stir in the lemon slices. Spoon some of the sauce over the chicken and serve with the remaining sauce on the side.
You'll also love
- Roast Chicken with Caramelized... 4.6/5 (16 Votes)
- Paleo Brussel Sprout Egg Skillet 4.6/5 (16 Votes)
- Light & Fluffy Pancakes 4.1/5 (30 Votes)
- Easy Chicken Chili 4.5/5 (24 Votes)
- Thai Chicken Peanut Noodles Recipe 4.5/5 (24 Votes)
- Chicken Fried Pork Chops 4.6/5 (12 Votes)
- Homemade Golden Chicken Patties 4.5/5 (23 Votes)
- Baked Parmesan Chicken Tenders 4.3/5 (23 Votes)