SUNFLOWER SEED CRUSTED ORANGE ROUGHY
- 2 egg whites
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 tsp grated lemon rind
- 1/2 cup Italian seasoned panko
- 3 tblsp unsalted sunflower seed kernels
- 4 6oz orange roughy fillets, (about 1/2 inch thick)
- Cooking spray
- Lemon slices (optional)
Preparation time 8mins
Cooking time 30mins
Preheat oven to 475. Place a jelly roll pan in oven while preheating.
Combine egg whites, pepper and lemon rind in a medium bowl; stir with a whisk until foamy. Combine panko and sunflower seed kernels in a shallow dish. Dip fish fillets in egg white mixture; dredge in panko mixture. Place fish on a wire rack; let stand 10 minutes.
Remove jelly roll pan from oven; coat with cooking spray; place fillets on pan. Bake at 475 for 10 minutes or until desired degree of doneness. Serve with lemon slices, if desired.