Make yourself an extra special dinner with this Crab-Stuffed Tilapia. Pair this with a fresh vegetable, like some garlic roasted asparagus, and a glass of white wine.
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 celery rib, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup plus 6 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 cup lump crabmeat, drained
- 1/3 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons diced pimientos, drained
- 1/4 teaspoon seafood seasoning
- 4 tilapia fillets, 6 ounces each
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
Adapted from tasteofhome.com
In a large skillet, sauté onion and celery in 1/4 cup butter until tender. Remove from the heat; stir in the crab, bread crumbs, mayonnaise, egg, pimientos and seafood seasoning.
Spread 1/3 cup crab mixture over fillets. Roll up each from the pointed end; secure with toothpicks. Place seam side down in a greased 9-in. square baking pan.
Melt remaining butter; drizzle over fish. Sprinkle with salt and paprika.
Bake, uncovered, at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 25 to 30 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Discard toothpicks. Spoon pan juices over fish.a
You'll also love
- Coconut Cream Pie - Bluebonnet Cafe 4.4/5 (54 Votes)
- Crockpot Coconut Hot Chocolate. 4/5 (60 Votes)
- Parrot Bay Coconut Shrimp - Red... 4.5/5 (46 Votes)
- Salmon with Yukon Gold Hash Browns 5/5 (5 Votes)
- Tropical Macadamia Halibut 4.6/5 (8 Votes)
- Sage and Cranberry Crab Cakes... 4.6/5 (5 Votes)
- Oven Baked Blackened Tilapia 4.2/5 (76 Votes)
- Crispy Breaded Tilapia with... 4.5/5 (42 Votes)